Monday, October 31, 2016

on the radio









"im just proud of my accomplishments"

and endlessly, the song of the year - at least in this city, there's no contest:



well, some contest maybe: "Lowlife" first equal with "One Dance"

what i love in so many of these tunes is that backing vocals backdrop thing - (see also "Antidote", "Panda" -  the strange little strangled cries and gasps and seal-barks and choked outbursts -  the histrionic whoops with a rolled 'r' / first consonant

who invented that then?

1 comment:

Tim 'Space Debris' said...

A year or two ago I had a plan to try and trace which rapper did the first vocal 'Car Screech!!!' sound. You know you've heard it a million times from Migos to Young Thug to Lil Wayne. I can't find my notebook but I got as far back as the late 90s, I think, but I'm sure it probably stretches back to at least the late 80s.

Anyone know the answer to that one?